|Scott P. Brown SVP, Midland American Capital Alpharetta, GA|
|(770) 880 – 9208 TEL|
|(678) 669 – 9966 FAX|
Scott Brown is Senior Vice President for Midland American Capital, a New York and Atlanta based U.S. provider of Working Capital and Purchase Order Financing Solutions for small and medium businesses.
- Scott started his working career as a business owner of a commercial service company here in Atlanta. After 12 years of successful market expansion in the Atlanta and Southeast markets, his company was acquired by the Scott’s Co., a publically traded company.
- Scott spent the next several years in executive leadership in Los Angeles, California for ServiceMaster (SVM), specifically TruGreen Landcare, a Fortune 500 company, where he oversaw 14 branch locations, 2200 employees, and $120MM in revenue. Scott helped deliver to the parent company the highest gross profits of any region in the company, and spearheaded many strategic initiatives from increasing client retention to the highest in the Trugreen Landcare business unit, winning 2 national PLANET awards, improving gross margins on enhancement sales by 6% in one of the most conscious markets in the U.S., to cutting employee turnover from 300% annually to 15%.
- Scott later spent several years as the interim President for newly acquired portfolio companies of a Tampa based Private Equity Fund. Scott was responsible for shepherding pre-closing activities, aligning financing of highly leveraged buyouts, and operating the acquisition target post-close to insure a smooth transition until a permanent leadership candidate was identified. Scott was also tasked with implementing systems and procedures to streamline inefficiencies, right sizing of assets, liquidating or leveraging under employed assets, and generally moving the costs down and the margins up, wherever possible.
- Scott moved back to Atlanta, working for Merrill Lynch in their Private Wealth Group for a brief period out of mere curiosity and wanting to learn more about the capital markets. He attaining his NASD/SEC Series 7 and 66 licenses, quickly discovering his passion was not investing other people’s money in the markets, but more so in helping others attain capital.
- Scott began his career in Asset Based Lending with Presidential Financial Corp., where he was Vice President for North Georgia. Inevitably his territory grew to include several Southern U.S. States. After the downsizing of Presidential in 2008, Scott felt it best to seek a more vibrant company to affiliate with. Scott joined Midland Business Finance, and has not looked back.
Scott specializes in providing working capital facilities to companies with B2B sales. A typical day for Scott could involve speaking with Bankers, CPA’s, attorneys, CFO’s, or any of a list of the 11,000+ contacts he has made over the years, about one of their clients and their needs. Scott works strategically with several regional and community banks on underperforming, or non-renewable revolving lines of credit by helping the bank exit the situation having been made whole. Scott also works with business owners who seek him out directly due to the referrals he receives from existing clients who having experienced the unique customer centric approach of Midland, realize the benefit of having clear access to working capital.
Scott is the current President and past Treasurer of the Atlanta Chapter of the National Funding Association (NFA), a 22 year old multi-city association for non-bank lenders marked as the preeminent networking association in the industry. Scott has been responsible for guiding the Atlanta Chapter to the largest in the country with triple digit growth in the last 2 years.
Scott and his family reside in Gainesville, Ga. where Scott is active in politics and civic activities. Scott is a past graduate of Riverside Military Academy, a former US Navy veteran, and holds a B.A. in Finance and Accounting from AIU while currently pursuing his MBA at Auburn University.
A complete bio is available on Scott’s Linked-In page at www.linkedin.com/in/ScottPrestonBrown